The new SPS55 actuators for the Vector fins™ are incredibly compact and silent, designed to fit in the small available spaces in modern boats below 20m/70ft where living space is strongly prioritized.
The SPS55 actuators have been designed to satisfy the needs of owner operated vessels with a total focus on reliability and hassle-free operation, as well as ensuring a quiet operation as they will mostly be installed below the floor in living spaces.
Technical design benefits:
- Squared base plate provides large load distribution area to hull while still being possible to install in tight areas between stringers and bulkheads.
- Dual, balanced cylinders provide symmetrical load and force.
- The actuator can be installed in any direction in the boat, the fin angle is totally independent of actuator direction.
- No moving hoses at all secures against leakages and potential wear, as well as making the installation easier.
- Oversized bearings for lifetime operation with only a minimal level of maintenance.
- Rack & pinion drive connection for quiet, reliable, long life operation, with very easy service when needed after thousands of operational hours.
- Fins are installed and removed very easy and quickly from the outside for best convenience in for example transport or other haul-out situations where this might be needed.
- Defined shaft-shear point in case of the fins accidentally hitting something.
- All wet parts in stainless steel.
Size compared to other brand actuators for similar fin sizes:
|Shaft Ø (mm):
|For Vector fin:
||VF650 / VF800
*Complete actuator assembly, per side